I wonder who's getting the better end of this bargain?
That's a cool SIXTY-FUCKING-ONE point beatdown, y'all. Now I know why they call 'em Scarlet Knights*.
* I'm referencing anal bleeding.
Meanwhile, for those of you greedily seed-tracking at home, here's Lunardi's current top 16, listed in the order in which I think the S-curve actually twists:
San Diego State
I bring this up, because Nova lost to Seton Hall today. I don't think it drops them far, but I do think they're probably off the 1-seed line now. Kansas without Joel Embiid seems locked in at a 2, so I think Duke is moving up... unless, of course, they lose in the ACC Tournament. If UVA can run the table and take the championship in Greensboro... then I think we might actually earn that 1-seed.
Not that I want it.
I'd prefer a 3-seed, a Sweet Sixteen matchup with a flawed 2 (Kansas or Michigan), and no pressure of "living up to seed expectation" beyond the second round. I think that gives us the best chance to crush a 14, battle past a 6 (or 11), upset a 2, and roll into the E8 with a head of steam.
My dream bracket for UVA, based on the current seeding in Bracketology:
- Virginia gets a 3-seed
- Positioned in Raleigh for the 1st/2nd round pod
- 1st round game against 14-seed UC-Irvine
- 2nd round game against the winner between 6-seed Texas and 11-seed Xavier
- 2-seed Kansas sitting across from us at the Sweet Sixteen, but maybe upset by 7-seed Gonzaga (or 10-seed George Washington) along the way
- 1-seed Wichita State
My nightmare bracket for UVA:
- 3-seed out West, San Diego or Spokane
- 1st round game against 14-seed Delaware
- 2nd round game against the winner between 6-seed UConn and 11-seed Nebraska
- 2-seed Wisconsin sitting across from us at the Sweet Sixteen, but maybe upset by 7-seed Kentucky (or 10-seed Colorado) along the way
- 1-seed Florida
Wow, that wandered off topic, didn't it?
Screw you Rutgers! Screw you, Maryland! Screw you, Big Ten!