Pages

March 19, 2014

Nathan/Kendall Exchange

This is from the comments section of the "Hello, Chanticleers!" post. But I liked what I said in there enough to want it out in the world as a stand-alone post. So here you go...

Nathan:
Was thinking about this game on the drive home today and realized our only emotional options at midnight Friday are relief or devastation.

Kendall:
I think we're allowed to be excited if (when) we beat the ever-living shit out of Coastal Carolina. It's really a great opportunity to make a statement, and send a shot across the bow of the upset-minded GW/Memphis winner. I'll be revved up if we lay waste to the Chanticleers like I know we should. 
But yeah, devastation if we lose. "Devastation" might not even be the right word, as it's not really strong enough. A loss on Friday night would be a huge season-ruining implosion. Maybe even program-ruining. We'd be the laughingstock of the college basketball world, not just now, but forever. Can't happen. Cannot happen. 
Meanwhile, I wonder how many fans of 1-seeds have spent any amount of time worrying about the game against the 16-seed? Oh, the life of a Hoofan.

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you... If Virginia Tech ever gets the # 1 seed I will be nervous as hell for the following reasons:
    1) Clearly the world is getting ready to end.
    2) We would somehow draw that tough #16 seed Duke
    3) We would most definitely be the ones blow it as a #1 seed,

    You guys roll Friday. I am willing to bet it is close at halftime, but UVA has been an awesome second half team.

    ReplyDelete