Pages

March 27, 2014

Hello, Sparty!

No need to reinvent the wheel here.  I'll just piggyback on two other really good game previews.




Here's my take on the game, in quick bulleted form.


  • We're a 1-seed underdog.  Gotta love all of the inherent advantages in that.
  • The Izzo-to-the-Pistons stuff from this week can only help.  Every distraction matters.
  • Adreian Payne is the only Spartan player I really fear, but I have the utmost confidence in Akil's defense.
  • We have to keep Michigan State out of transition.  Force them to score against our set defense, and we have the upper hand.
  • I think it all boils down to this: Joe hits 4+ threes, we win.  Track that number as the game grinds along.

That's it.  I'm eerily confident.  It's all gravy from here, and I think this team - nay, this program - is ready to take this step, to announce itself on the national stage.  We're Virginia, and we have arrived.

Virginia 69, Michigan State 62



1 comment:

  1. I feel...nothing heading into this game. I don't know what that means. I feel like this'll either be close or the biggest statement curb stomp UVA basketball has made in a generation and a half.

    ReplyDelete