Here's my take on the game, in quick bulleted form.
- We're a 1-seed underdog. Gotta love all of the inherent advantages in that.
- The Izzo-to-the-Pistons stuff from this week can only help. Every distraction matters.
- Adreian Payne is the only Spartan player I really fear, but I have the utmost confidence in Akil's defense.
- We have to keep Michigan State out of transition. Force them to score against our set defense, and we have the upper hand.
- I think it all boils down to this: Joe hits 4+ threes, we win. Track that number as the game grinds along.
That's it. I'm eerily confident. It's all gravy from here, and I think this team - nay, this program - is ready to take this step, to announce itself on the national stage. We're Virginia, and we have arrived.
Virginia 69, Michigan State 62