Pages

November 4, 2012

Quote of the Day

Former LA Rams Defensive End / Hall of Famer Deacon Jones on playing defense: 

"I don't want to speak like an obvious defensive lineman, but you've got to hit. This is a game of hitting. If you get up, great. If you don't, great. I'm not here to cheerlead, I'm here to destroy."




This quote hit me the right way today, after watching our defensive performance yesterday.

The thing I've been most worried about during the losing streak is the fact that Virginia Football doesn't really have an identity, other than its world-renowned glass jaw.  Well, under Mike London, Jim Reid, and Jeff Hanson, I can see us developing a rep for having a truly nasty defensive line.  It's where the focus has been in our recruiting, it's where London's expertise is centered, and it's where we have (in my opinion) the best position coach on the staff.

Maybe someday [soon], we'll be there to destroy.  I can't wait to see it.




No comments:

Post a Comment