Pages

September 21, 2011

Wahooze Pix -- Week Four

You know the drill, no need for fluff this week.

Scores from Week 3:
Pierce -- 13 points
T.J. -- 11 points
Mike -- 7 points
Kendall -- 7 points

Season Total:
Guest Pickers -- 30 points
Pierce -- 29 points
Mike -- 29 points
Kendall -- 24 points (Spotting my opponents a bit of a lead to make them feel good about themselves before I crush them underfoot.  Makes it more fun.)


This week's guest picker is my dear, dear friend and longtime Wahooze loyalist Ben Bledsoe.  This man needs no introduction, other than this:  Next time you see me, ask me about Ben, the lotion, and the fan.

No but seriously, this man is one of my very best friends ever.  He spoke at my wedding, and I consider him my brother.


Fatherhood: It'll put that 4-inch spot of hair
on your chest.

On to the picks!

3 points: Southern Miss @ Virginia (-3)
Picking the Hoos: Everybody!
Ben Sez: Pleasantly surprised by our team and especially Parks.
Kendall Sez: This is a crucial game in our quest to notch six wins.  USM lost to Marshall two weeks ago, so they can be had fairly easily.  Plus, Coach London has hinted at opening the offense up a little bit.  That could mean more turnovers, but I have faith in Rocco playing in front of the home crowd.  I think the Hoos win going away, a 35-17 type of game.  But Vegas knows best, and this spread makes me nervous.


NC State @ Cincinnati (-7.5)
Picking the Bearcats: Everybody!
Kendall Sez: I kinda like NCSU in this game, but 'Nati being at home with that potent offense gives me pause.  I'm thinking this is a 38-28 win for Cincy.

North Carolina @ Georgia Tech (-6.5)
Picking the Tarholes: Mike
Picking the Yelluh Jackets: Pierce, Kendall, Ben
Kendall Sez: Not sold on either of these teams, actually.  But when in doubt, I usually go with the team playing at home.

Temple @ Maryland (-9)
Picking the Turtles: Everybody!
Kendall Sez: Temple can't hang.

UMass @ Boston College (no line, pick a winner)
Picking BC: Everybody!
Ben Sez: My God could BC be any worse?  What the hell happened?

Tulane @ Duke (-10.5)
Picking Tulane: Pierce, Mike, Ben
Picking Duke: Kendall
Ben Sez: Duke wins, but by less than the spread.
Kendall Sez: I probably agree with you.  That's a big spread for Duke.  But I'm thinking that win in Chestnut Hill put some wind in their sails.

Florida State (-1.5) @ Clemson
Picking the Semenholes: Pierce, Ben
Picking the Tigers: Mike, Kendall
Ben Sez: Regardless of QB, the 'Noles win and beat the spread.  Trickett makes FSU's future look even brighter.  I hate/envy them.
Kendall Sez: Don't sleep on Clemson.  I love home underdogs, and I love them in this game, a lot.  See the bottom of this post for more inspiration.

Virginia Tech (-21) @ Marshall
Picking the Chokies: Mike, Kendall
Picking the THUNDERING HERD: Pierce, Ben
Ben Sez: Marshall beats the spread by out-inbreding Tech, but Tech stays unbeaten.
Kendall Sez: Appy State, ECU, Arkansas State, Marshall.  Whaaaah, why don't we get any respect?!?  This schedule is a joke for a program that fancies itself nationally-relevant.  Guess the Stanford beatdown left a lot of wounds to lick.

Kansas State @ Miami (-13.5)
Picking the Canes: Everybody!
Ben Sez: They show up again.
Kendall Sez: Yeah, they're back in a groove... but winning by two touchdowns against an okay K-State team?  Might be tough.



2 Points Each: STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCKS

Pierce:
Colorado @ Ohio State (-14.5)
Oregon (-14.5) @ Arizona

Mike:
Arkansas @ Alabama (-11.5)
Notre Dame (-7) @ Pitt


Kendall:
Arkansas @ Alabama (-11.5)
I think I might be slightly gay for Nick Saban.
LSU (-5.5) @ West Virginia
This spread is like a license to print your own money.  LSU will win this game by 20+ points, easy.




Ben:
LSU (-5.5) @ West Virginia
Have no faith the WVU is worth their ranking.
Oregon (-14.5) @ Arizona
I hope picking with my heart doesn't damage the guest pickers' score.






I think the FSU Cowgirls thing has run its course, and we're about seven years late to that party, anyway.  So no pic of them today.  Instead...

Go Clemson.

3 comments:

  1. I think they might be the best team in the ACC this season. Seriously.

    We'll find out this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, I meant we'll find out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete