Pages

August 2, 2011

Wahooze Writer #3!

The more the merrier, right?

I'm excited to announce the addition of another staff writer to the fold -- my friend, and life-long UVA fanatic Pierce!

Pierce prepared a few words for me to share with you:


Dearest Wahooze Readers,


Please allow me to introduce myself: my name is Pierce and I’m a longtime UVA fan/alum and frequenter of Wahooze and other sports blogs/recruiting sites. I couldn’t be more excited to start contributing to Wahooze and look forward to adding to the great discussions and analysis for which I’ve relied on Kendall for years (and now recently, Mike as well!) I’m about as addicted to following recruiting sites, blogs, newspapers, twitter accounts, etc…as it gets, so I’m sure you’ll find I have plenty to talk about.

I was born and raised in Charlottesville, am the firstborn of a UVA alum (alumna? Either way, my mom’s a Hoo), and graduated from the College in 2007. Though I currently am back in Charlottesville, I recently spent a couple years in grad school in Norfolk and can personally attest to the endearing characteristics of the 757. (Speaking of which, talk to anyone involved in high school football down there and you’ll see quickly that Mike London’s resurgence in the area is not just a convenient anecdote for sportswriters – UVA is quickly becoming, or already become, THE place to go for these kids and their coaches). But now, I’m glad to be back in the land of Bodo’s and Belmont BBQ.

I follow most of the UVA sports religiously and in terms of athletic experience: you name it, I played it less-than-adequately (though I’ve dunked on Kendall a couple of times). I also have worked a little bit in the sports promotions office at UVA, but you can’t blame me for the atrocity that is the current gameday experience at the JPJ. I’m a huge soccer and lacrosse fan, as well, and have missed very few home games for those sports. Other than the Hoos, my team allegiances seem incredibly random (Detroit Lions, Spurs, Orioles, Pats, Fulham), but I promise I have explanations for each.

So that’s about it. I aim to be insightful, engaging, funny, and blunt in my contribution to Wahooze and I’ll be fine with batting .250.




Meanwhile, I am preparing a Q&A for him like the one I gave to Mike.  Be ready for that.

Once again, welcome to the Wahooze Family, Pierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment