Pages

March 1, 2013

Worth 1000 Words

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to talk about Quin Blanding or the SUPERHUGE upset win over Duke, but there is at least this:



And this:


Great, great win last night.  And how about Joe Harris?  Best game I've ever seen a UVA player have, it was just awesome.  Every dead ball, he was walking around breathing in big angry, heaving gulps, like he was turning into a werewolf or something.  As Doc Walker might say, maybe Joe was transforming into a psycho ninja cyborg werewolf.

As I was saying on the 247 message board, it's definitely time for us to start considering where Joe ranks among the list of UVA greats, especially over the course of the last 15-20 years.

I'm still in a swirl of euphoria from last night, but I don't think I'd trade Joe for Mike Scott, Sean Singletary, Roger Mason, Travis Watson, or Curtis Staples right now. Getting into that '95 team that went to the Elite Eight... that's where my mind is right now. How does Joe stack up against key cogs on that that team? Junior Burrough?

Bryant Stith was a special, special player. Best UVA player I've ever seen (Ralph was before my time). But Joe has a chance to at least match Stith's stature.

Joe is only a junior. He has this coming postseason and then all of next season to define his ultimate legacy. But best player since the mid-90s I think is firmly in his sights.

In any case, I definitely see a jersey retirement in Joe's future.

Anyway, that was a huge win.  We're off the bubble and safely into the Tournament, I'd say.  Still, can't afford to shit the bed in these last three games.  Need to win two of them.  At BC on Sunday could be tough, coming off of the high of beating Duke.

Watch the video.



(At the 0:39 mark, I'm pretty sure Justin Anderson is saying: "Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.")

No comments:

Post a Comment