Pages

October 5, 2011

Wahooze Pix -- Week Six

Scores from Week 5:
Pierce -- 11 points
Mike -- 9 points
Kendall -- 8 points
Phil -- 7 points

Season Total:
Pierce -- 48 points
Guest Pickers -- 43 points
Kendall -- 41 points
Mike -- 41 points

Cream starting to rise to the top...

This week's guest picker is one of my absolute all-time favorite people from the bus world, and one of Pierce's best friends, Caleb Magyar.



A message from Caleb:

HOOS Winning the Match?
Hi. It wasn't long ago that I didn't know a thing about football. Then one day, noticing that I liked everything that surrounds football (beer, chips and dip, yelling) Pierce took a deep breath and started explaining the grand ol' game. This week I'm taking my final exam and picking some games. Wish me luck.
Go HOOS! (It's cool. I know it's a bye week).

Time for some picks!

Maryland @ Georgia Tech (-14)
GT: EVERYONE!
Pierce Sez: The Wreck gave up more points to the Pack last week than I thought they would.  Look for them to get back to crushing teams this week.
Kendall Sez: I agree.  But I do think Maryland will move the ball and score points on GT this week.  I'm sensing a 45-21 type of game here.

Louisville @ North Carolina (-14.5)
UNC: Mike, Pierce, Caleb
Louisville: Kendall
Pierce Sez: ACC > Big East
Kendall Sez: I've got faith in Charlie Strong.  I think Louisville hangs tough in this one.

Florida State (-13) @ Wake Forest
FSU: EVERYONE!
Pierce Sez: The Noles should be plenty motivated to stay in the Atlantic race.  Wake is a good team, but FSU overpowers them.
Kendall Sez: E.J. Manuel is back.  I'm looking for the Noles to flex nuts against a much-better-than-expected Deacs team.

Boston College @ Clemson (-20.5)
Clemson: EVERYONE!
Pierce Sez: Tigers roll. Good God BC is bad.

Central Michigan @ NC State (-11.5)
State: EVERYONE!
Pierce Sez: Chippewas! Not very good!

Miami @ Virginia Tech (-7.5)
The U: Mike, Caleb
VT: Pierce, Kendall
Pierce Sez: The Turkeys bounce back thanks to their defense and David Wilson.
Kendall Sez: I'm just not sold on Miami.  How much traction do they deserve for beating an extremely shaky Ohio State team?  Tech is mad after losing last week, and I'm fairly certain they will obliterate the poor Canes.

Pittsburgh (-6.5) @ Rutgers
Pitt: Mike, Kendall
Rutgers: Pierce, Caleb
Kendall Sez: I've long been an admirer of Todd Graham, and it looks like his offense really turned the corner against a very talented USF team last week.  I think the Panthers roll in this game, something like 44-14.
Pierce Sez: As we begin to talk more about Pitt, now that they're joining the ACC, Wahooze readers will begin to discover how much I hate Pitt and that Pitt really really sucks.



Syracuse (-10) @ Tulane
'Cuse: EVERYONE!
Pierce Sez: Enjoy the trip to NOLA, Oranges.


STONE COLD LEAD PIPE LOCKS (2 points each):

Mike:
Georgia (-1) @ Tennessee
Arizona (-2) @ Oregon State

Pierce:
Michigan (-7.5) @ Northwestern
Denard and Co. have no issue scoring points. I think NW at home keeps it within two scores, but I like the Wolverines to cover.
Oklahoma (-10) @ Texas
Red River Shootout between undefeated teams? I like the upset (or a close game).

Caleb:
Iowa @ Penn State (-4)
Kentucky @ South Carolina (-21)

Kendall:
Texas A&M (-9) @ Texas Tech
I really think this spread is low.  A&M to cover easily.
Florida @ LSU (-14)
Another opportunity to collect free money by betting on LSU.  Two touchdowns?  They'll win this game by four touchdowns.


And to wrap up this week's edition, I offer you our next look at hot chicks wearing ACC football gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment