Pages

October 3, 2011

Post-Idaho Rage Dump

Alright Wahooze Fans I am about to erupt in rage here after that…whatever that was this weekend. I could go off on a tangent about stupid coaching decisions and terrible special teams play, or I could go on a rant about how I would rather have Marques Hagans play QB right now than anyone on our roster, or I could pop off about how we need to make up our mind about what this season is going to become right effin’ now so I can either get my hopes up or settle into rebuilding mode. But I have chosen to go this route. I feel it will let out my rage in an appropriate manner and be somewhat interesting for you guys. So here it goes:
WHAT RECRUITS IN THE CLASS OF 2012 COULD START FOR THIS GARBAGE TEAM RIGHT NOW?!
Kwontie Moore, MLB 6-2, 243 Norfolk Christian (VA)
                This is a slam dunk. This kid should be handed this job the day he sets foot on Grounds. As much suspense  as watching Steve Greer get smoked trying to cover a tight end, or better yet just forgetting to cover a tight end, adds to a game that we should be winning I could learn to cope without that play. Moore is already a man child and I’m pretty sure if he walked into the locker room today Coach London would give him some pads and at least have him back up Greer. Regardless something needs to happen because we are getting smoked by TE’s running seam routes. That’s not completely on Greer but when a talent like Moore waits in the wings it certainly draws my attention.

Greyson Lambert, QB, 6-5 195 Wayne County (GA)
                My girlfriend’s parents were at the game this weekend and her father commented to me that the person on our team that looks most like a prototypical QB is Jimmy Howell. To clarify if you don’t have the roster memorized or have been in a coma for the last 3 season Jimmy is our PUNTER. That is a horrible sign for your program. Aside from the Justin Bieber haircut Lambert fits the bill of a perfect program building QB, sorry Matt Johns. Heavily recruited, extremely accurate, throws a tomahawk missle, AND already runs basically Bill Lazor’s offense in high school. There’s a reason we beat out Alabama, Arkansas, and LSU for this kid. Get him in here and get him starting. I’ve seen enough unspectacular play from Rocco and had enough brain aneurysms from Watford, get me someone who we can believe in.
                Lambert arrives in January where he will most likely turn up the heat on the QB battle. Ideally one of the QBs this year will play well enough to let him redshirt, but the way it’s looking that might not be the case. Rocco is showing flashes of being solid but it’s not enough to sell me just yet.

Canaan Severin, WR 6-3, 215 Worchester Academy (MA)
                Kris Burd had another big game this weekend, but aside from him I don’t have a possession receiver I trust very much. Jennings and Terrell proved to be good outside threats but there is something to be said for having a big athletic freak of nature going over the middle. Oh hey! This guy works. 6-3 and you can run? Sign me up. Severin is quickly going to become a safety blanket for whoever is our QB when he arrives. I think even David Watford could hit him over 50% of the time. And if not you can come pick me up from section 525 after I have a stroke. Just call my mom and let her know. Every young QB needs a safety blanket. Ask Matt Stafford if he likes having Calvin Johnson around. That is by no means a comparison between those two players because no one comes close to Megatron, and I’m including Andre Johnson in that, and I love that man. He made Ken Dorsey look good, which is saying something. Hey another example! I’m extremely excited about Severin obviously and think he could be a huge difference maker going forward, and would probably be a factor right now. As much as I like watching Matt Snyder drop passes it would be nice to have someone that can consistently bring in a slant in traffic.

Kendall will be posting a rebuttal shortly explaining how stupid everything I just said is. We just had a moment of rage. I will be billing my blood pressure medication to the Athletics office.

No comments:

Post a Comment