8/31 - BYU
9/7 - Oregon
9/14 - BYE
9/21 - VMI
9/28 - @ Pittsburgh
10/5 - Ball State
10/12 - @ Maryland
10/19 - Duke
10/26 - Georgia Tech
11/2 - Clemson
11/9 - @ UNC
11/16 - BYE
11/23 - @ Miami
11/30 - Virginia Tech
- It's imperative we start 1-1 and not 0-2, though the bye on 9/14 allows us time to regroup after what is sure to be a shellacking at the hands of Oregon.
- I wish VMI weren't the first game after the bye week, however. That's a wasted opportunity.
- I like the trip to Pitt so early in the season -- I wonder if we'll be their first ACC game? That'd be kind of cool. Though maybe not, as they'll likely be pretty fired up for that.
- Gotta go at least 3-1 in October to have any hope for a decent season. All four are winnable games.
- Love Clemson in early November. That's classic Clemson lull time, right there. It's a longshot, but maybe we can catch the Tigers napping in that one.
- We're looking at the good possibility of an 0-4 end to the season. That doesn't bode well for Coach London, as a 5-7 finish after a 5-3 start is the kind of thing that gets coaches fired.
- I'm calling it now: 6-6. The wins: BYU, VMI, Ball State, @ UMD, Duke, GT, VT. Whelp, I just listed seven wins. I guess I'm calling it 7-5. UN-A-BASHED-HO-MER-clap-clap-clapclapclap
- With eight freaking home games, we better scrape together a winning season. Shit.