Pages

November 30, 2010

Wahooze ACC Picks -- Conference Championships

Last week was another bad week.  I suck at this.  I hope you weren't betting money based on my picks.

Last Week: 6-7 (5-8 ATS)

Season: 71-35 (47-51 ATS)

Time for a last-second rally with the biggest games of 'em all...

Okay ladies, bring that good juju to the game in Charlotte...


Florida State vs. Virginia Tech (-4.0)
I bet this line grows to somewhere around 7 points or so by the weekend.  FSU is a couple of plays away from being 8-0 in the conference, but Tech IS 8-0, and is clearly the class of the ACC.  The Hokie fans will descend on Charlotte like flies on a fresh turd.  31-17, VT

SMU vs. UCF (-9.0)
Yeah, I'll admit it, I'm a closet C-USA fan.  I just really like acronyms, I guess.  SMU, UCF, UAB, ECU, USM, UTEP... it's a frickin wonderland of acronyms.  This game is really interesting to me; Southern Methodist is playing really well in the June Jones' run&shoot, and Central Florida is the best 9-win team you've never seen play.  The Knights are a solid team, top to bottom.  Tune in to ESPN2 at noon on Saturday to see some very entertaining football.  I like UCF here.  They're just the more complete team.  42-35, UCF

South Carolina vs. Auburn (-5.0)
It's beginning to seem like Auburn is the team of destiny this season, doesn't it?  I'm not buying that.  They are, have always been, and will forever be the classic 7 that thinks she's a 10.  I'm so, so, so tempted to pick the Gamecocks here, because they can win this game by pounding Auburn into submission with Marcus Lattimore (can't wait to draft this guy onto my fantasy football team!), but I think Steve Spurrier will fall victim to his immense ego and try to get too cute with this gameplan.  Aubie wins a tight one, after some nasty Stephen Garcia interceptions.  35-26, Auburn

Nebraska vs. Oklahoma (-3.5)
Not sure exactly why, but I really like Nebraska in this game.  I guess I like the concept of the Huskers giving the Big XII a big "eff you" as they exit stage left, toward the Big Ten.  20-19, Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment