Meanwhile, the depth chart for the BYU game was released this afternoon.
Clickslap HERE to take a look.
- Jake McGee, 3rd string tight end. Bullshit. Bull. Shit. Bullshit. He missed time in training camp because he got hurt trying to throw a block. Jesus Priest, coaching staff. This is not rocket science. You don't drive your Maserati off-road. YOU DON'T DRIVE YOUR MASERATI OFF-ROAD. He's our best offensive weapon, and we fucked him up by trying to learn him to block. I understand the appeal of having him be good in all phases, but gift-horsing this supreme weapon is idiotic. "Oh, you're a fucking badass receiver? NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Gain a bunch of weight and become an in-line blocker, too. Herp a derp." That extra added weight better not slow McGee down or so help me God.
|Why mess with perfection?|
- Connor Wingo-Reeves, 2nd team fullback. Right on, man. Right on. Can't wait to see this kid on the field. CWR + KP = power running game.
- Kyle Dockins makes a nice late surge to 2nd team wideout. I thought he flashed during the Spring Game, so it's good to know that I'm not always wrong.
- Two true freshmen on the two-deep o-line. Exciting, weird, and a little bit scary. Where the fuck you at, Sean Karl and Ryan Doull? Especially you, Doull. Help these kids save their redshirts, and let's have a better line in 2017.
- Damn, Canaan Severin. You should probably just get a redshirt, my man. 4th string slot receiver, no beuno.
- Looks like Donte Wilkins is gonna play. Right on, baby huey.
- Zack Bradshaw ahead of Mark Hall in the pecking order at Sam? Not sure what it means, but I won't waste bandwidth trying to decipher it because our coaching staff does some weird shit sometimes. Maybe Bradshaw's speed won him a role over Hall (who by all accounts had a great offseason)? Who knows?
- I like Tim Harris on the two-deep. Put talent on the field, and let it bubble up. I bet he's better than at least two of the three guys ahead of him on the depth chart.
- Ian Frye won the kicking job, it appears. Yippy skippy. Brohammer is 6-foot-freaking-6. Tallest kicker in the nation?
- Dom Terrell returning punts? Joy. Whelp, count on at least one special teams turnover in the season opener... if we're lucky it'll only be one.
Gosh darn it, I'm excited for Saturday!