Pages

September 27, 2012

Wahooze Pix - Week Five

Filling in for Pierce, who is on a work trip or vacation or something.

Last Week
Pierce - 6 (out of 9)
Kendall - 6
Mike - 4
Stephen - 2 (yikes)

Standings
Pierce - 28
Kendall - 25
Mike - 25
Guests - 21

This actually kinda sorta makes us look like experts.  Kinda.  Sorta.

Meanwhile, remember that Pierce was dominant out of the gate last season before petering out at the end and ceding the grand championship to me.  So yeah, I ain't sweatin'.  Just hitting my stride.  Pierce is pretty good, but I'm the big swingin' dick here.  Just wait and see.

This week's guest picker is brought to us by Mike.  Enjoy the blurb:

This week's guest picker is my friend Stephen Browning. Stephen and I both grew up in the college football wasteland that is the DC Metro area. While I chose to pursue [watching] athletic excellence in college, Stephen elected to go the academic route. Nerd. However WashU is not completely devoid of athletic accomplishment as their all-white basketball team won the D3 national championship, which is pretty damn impressive in my book. Anyway Stephen's younger brother Daniel goes to UVA now so I will allow Stephen to handle the picks.

Browning in front, Mike in back.  As usual.

Cincinnati @ Virginia Tech (-6.5)
'Nati: Pierce, Mike, Stephen
VPI: Kendall

Pierce: Transitive property: Cincy beat Pitt by 24, Pitt beat VT by 18, VT beat GT by 3, who beat UVA by 400.

Mike: Let's even our records up.

Stephen: VT may win but it’ll be close. Ohio rides its quadrennial surge in importance derived from a national election before it plunges back to being Ohio.

Kendall: No way Tech will drop another game to a Big Yeast team.


Clemson (-9.5) @ Boston College
Klem's Son: EVERYONE!
BC: no one

Pierce: BC has done much better this season than their reputation would suggest, but they can't hang with Clemson.

Mike: Gift.

Stephen: No real reason.

Kendall: Klempsun will be looking to flex nuts in a big bouncebacky kind of way. BC will receive its drubbing in front of the 475 fans [read: parents of the players] who still go see that egregious sad sack of a program play football.


Louisiana Tech (-3) @ Virginia
Traitors to the Cause: Pierce, Stephen
Bleeding Orange and Blue: Mike, Kendall

Pierce: Until something changes, I'm not betting on us.

Mike: I'm embarrassed.

Stephen: Despite my usual lack of confidence in things that come from Louisiana I don’t think the UVA secondary could cover rock with paper. (Editors Note: You suck, go fuck yourself.)

Kendall: Are we trying to play big boy football, or are we still just playing footsie with the idea? More than any other during the London Era, this game will be telling... I give our coach the benefit of the doubt, for now. But if we lose, my meltdown will be EPIC.  Like, more epic than this.


Idaho @ North Carolina (-23.5)
Potatoes: Pierce, Stephen
Cheaters: Mike, Kendall

Pierce: UNC shouldn't have much trouble with the Vandals, but the spread is too high.

Mike: Idaho is awful.

Stephen: This isn’t Basketball, UNC won't cover the spread.

Kendall: Still waiting for the explosion game for Fedora's offense. This is as good a time as any, against the totally horrendous Vandals.  (Psssst, don't tell anyone, but I'm a closet Idaho fan, thanks to video game dynasty mode.)


Duke @ Wake Forest (-3)
Dook: Pierce, Mike, Kendall
Deacs: Stephen

Pierce: Wake's had trouble keeping folks from scoring, Duke's been lighting up bad teams...tough call.

Mike: Still hate you, Dave.

Stephen: A meeting of the minds. Wake in a close one.

Kendall: Big game for Duke football. I'm picking the Devils here so they're fat and happy when we invade Durham next weekend.


NC State @ Miami (-3.5)
Woofpack: Mike, Kendall
The U: Pierce, Stephen

Pierce: Who knows what Miami team will show up. NCSU is thought highly of, but I'm not sure why.

Mike: This is a roadie for both teams.

Stephen: Biggest mistake of your life, Vitale.

Kendall: Not entirely sure why, but I still like State this season. Miami is about to lose six straight -- NCSU, Notre Dame, UNC, FSU, VT, UVA.


Florida State (-16) @ South Florida
Semenholes: EVERYONE!
Wal-Mart of Florida Football: no one

Pierce: Kaboom.

Mike: Ha. -16

Stephen: The ‘Noles look unstoppable this year. I see no reason to bet against them.

Kendall: FSU is about to go 13-0 and make a BCS championship game appearance. Blee'dat.


Middle Tennessee State @ Georgia Tech (-27.5)
MTSU: Kendall
Ramblin' Wreck: Pierce, Mike, Stephen

Pierce: If we can't keep it within 30, MTSU can't either...right? I assume Vad Lee will still want his garbage points.

Mike: They will lose by more than us. Please?

Stephen: My gut is to bet against anything coming out of the middle of Tennessee, regardless of the spread.

Kendall: Middle Tennessee had two weeks to prepare. Doesn't really matter, but I think they'll keep it within four touchdowns.


In closing, I'll say that while Pierce thinks the TNA in a bikini after a football post is tired and clichéd, I'm running the show this week, and BOOM:



3 comments:

  1. I always rolled Vandals, too, K. Back when I played the game I would simulate a few seasons and see who ended up at the bottom. Mostly it was Idaho or Buffalo.

    Simulating a season was a perfect activity while being poor and making one of Rookie's patented tortilla pizzas.

    Ah, Rookie, I learned so much from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being poor is the mother of innovation. Also, GO DUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dang i really sucked at making picks last week

    ReplyDelete