Pages

September 29, 2012

Houston we might have a problem.

I'm going to start this by saying that  I still think Mike London is the coach for this team. I'll reiterate what I said here. He's still young, he's still learning, but make no mistake, this team is not going to get to the next level unless the coaching is drastically improved. The coaching has been a slight issue over the past few games, but today's debacle at the end of the game, and our seeming inability to handle the up-tempo no-huddle offense truly showed how far we have to go. 2 of the last 3 games we've played a non-traditional offense, and looked awful against it. That comes down to coaching. Being woefully unprepared for an offense that you  know is coming is unacceptable. The Georgia Tech and Louisiana Tech offenses are about as well hidden as Tim Tebow running the wildcat. Figure it out. And for the love of god please run this play


We can't keep getting burned on bubble screens and passes in the flat. Are you kidding me? I could probably design an offense to run against our defense. Throw a million passes in the flat. I can understand if we don't have the players to cover that, but we do. We just do. I'm tired of watching Al Groh's garbage on the field. I said this last week, put the kids on the field. And that brings me to my final point.

If I see Mike Rocco start another game this season, my head will explode. If I watch him throw a pick after staring down an out route or a curl I am going to throw my remote through the tv or myself off the bleachers. The team belongs to Sims now. Rocco plays fine when everything goes his way, but he can't make plays downfield when we need him too. Sims threw a 65 yard out route off his back foot on a line. He also had 3 touchdowns go through the hands of receivers. I'll attribute that to shock that someone read the defense correctly. Give him the damn reins.

Positives!

Perry Jones is on his way back. He looked better.

DJ Hill looked pretty good.

I'm pretty confident Ant Harris and Tra Nicholson know what they are doing.

Phillip Sims became the starter.

Love you guys. Go win next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment