Pages

July 18, 2011

Site Announcement!

I've pimped this brother/sister/rival UVA sports blog in the past: WahooWatch.  Mike V. does a fantastic job with his blogging.  I've been a big fan of his insight and opinions, so recently I began exploring the idea of combining our two blogs.  Turns out, Wahooze was mighty enough to stage a hostile takeover of WahooWatch, and thus, I am delighted to announce that Mike is joining the Wahooze team on a permanent basis.

To introduce you to Mike, here's his short autobiography.

Hello Wahooze Nation!


My name is Mike Vitale and Kendall has graciously offered to bring me into the fold. Before I start posting I’d like to tell you guys a little bit about myself. As some of you may know I write the WahooWatch blog which seems to have caught Kendall’s eye. I like to pride myself on writing thought provoking pieces that spur some sort of conversation, though my readership seems to have been limited to my parents and Kendall, two of which are contractually obligated to like what I write. Hopefully I can entertain you guys in my call up to the big leagues. Here’s my story:

I grew up in Arlington, VA literally right across the river from Washington DC. I love the local sports teams I grew up with but this love affair has lead to a fairly miserable sports existence minus the Capitals of late and the pre-insanity Gilbert Arenas Wizards. To make matters worse I had my pick of baseball teams since DC didn’t have a team growing up and I selected the Cubs. So I’ve had my fair share of misery in my time. This made my transition to following UVA major sports simple. It’s right in my wheelhouse.

I also bring a good deal of actual sports experience to the table. I played baseball all through high school and was pretty damn good at it. Yeah I’ll toot my own horn here. This usually lets me go super in depth as to what the players and coaches are trying to get accomplished out there. That being said I want to take a moment to mention how much I love Coach O’Connor’s style. I could watch UVA play all day. The style and strategy really makes you think and keeps you on your toes as a fan, and if you don’t think that baseball is exciting then you need to pull your head out of the sand and pay attention because the man is like Eisenhower liberating occupied Europe.

Anyway back to the intro. One big thing you guys are going to notice is that I am grammatically challenged. I just graduated from UVA with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. To quote my old roommate “ESkool no teach me to speak good.” Please bear with me as I won’t be able to match the eloquence of Mr. Howell but hopefully you’ll be able to understand. However the degree does bring some benefit in that I use a ton of stats to back up the points I make. So impress your friends and read the Wahooze!


Mike's a good dude who is passionate about sports and UVA sports specifically, and I'm excited to have him play a major role in the future of Wahooze.

In the days ahead, I'll be enabling his editing powers.  He's going to bring a lot to the table in terms of site design and layout... so brace yourselves for a bit of an aesthetic overhaul of this space.

If you have any questions or comments, post them below.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new site Kendall! I'm not usually a fan of background graphics, but this looks sweet - nicely done.

    Welcome Mike - anyone named Mike who is from Arlington is automatically a friend of mine (Bishop O'Connell in the house!). I can't wait to see the result of your two styles, should be fun!

    Viva la (WA)Hooze!
    Mike Keens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keens! We're still working on tweaking the background images and the new logo, but we should have things ironed out soon. In the meantime, we've got a few ideas for some back-and-forth type pieces coming down the pipe. I'm excited about Mike joining the Wahooze team. I think it will be a good thing for everyone.

    ReplyDelete