Pages

July 18, 2011

The Campaign for the White Helmet

Boom first post. Here’s goes nothing.

Soooo Fresh
                I’d like to use this forum to hopefully start a grassroots campaign for the football team to adopt a white helmet. They look sweet. A couple of years ago Bleacher Report ranked the top 25 college football helmets and 7 of the top 25 were white based. Including 3 of the top 7 (Penn St. 7, Texas 4, and Miami 1). Speaking of Miami we’ll take a side trip for a second just to comment that my first love of college football and the school where I spent my freshman year is the U so I might be a touch biased in this argument. However I do think that a white helmet played off the orange jerseys would look sweet. Of course we would need to use the white pants at all times at home, but I also think the orange on blue looks kind of stupid. And God forbid we become the Fightin’ Traffic Barrels again with the orange on orange garbage we pulled at Georgia Tech last year. I think if we’re going to play up this power of orange stuff then the jersey at home needs to be the standard orange top with the white pants, and of course the white helmet. This would also help us have an actually whiteout someday instead of whatever that catastrophe was last year (I think someone forgot to tell the team.) Anyway here is a rough mock up of the new helmet. I am aware it looks a little absurd but let’s use our imagination shall we? 

Someone call Craig and make this happen. This looks sweet.

This game was such a tease

4 comments:

  1. Good thought. Why can't we have the white helmet and keep the blue helmet in the mix? For my money, nothing is quite as badass as the blue on blue on blue. But I do really like the white on orange on white. Great look... if a little Klempsunish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange on orange was during the UNC debacle last season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was my mistake. GT featured the blue top with orange pants. Got my football travesties confused.

    ReplyDelete
  4. woefully, there are many. :-)

    I like the white helmets, but I'm not sure I'd rather have them over the blue. Can't we have both? I want it all.

    ReplyDelete