Hungry for more info about UVA's Spring Game?
Our friends at Streaking the Lawn did a pretty great two-part piece this week. You are officially encouraged to read it.
You are also officially encouraged to purchase a Streaking the Lawn tee-shirt.
Meanwhile, after a week of reflection on the Spring Game, I have a few more broad thoughts:
- The defense is going to be good. Probably the best we've fielded under Mike London. As long as the young linebackers hold up, we'll have a top-5 unit in the ACC, and the D will win us a few football games this season.
- Thanks to Tom O'Brien's presence, we will in fact pick a quarterback and stick with him. That quarterback will have his warts, for sure. But continuity from series to series and week to week and game to game will yield a pretty good QB by season's end.
- If there's one unit that will short-circuit our season, it's not the QBs, but the offensive line. I am officially VERY worried about the OL this fall. When you start wondering if any of the incoming freshmen can help on the o-line, it's a really bad sign.
- We'll start giving Adrian Gamble and E.J. Scott more playing time over Dominique Terrell and Darius Jennings. We have to. We just have to.
- The following players will ensure that this is a successful* season: Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Eli Harold, Smoke Mizzell, KP, Jake McGee, Tra Nicholson, Ant Harris, Morgan Moses, Voz, Brent Urban, and Henry Coley. I have a lot of faith in those 12 guys.
* "Successful" being 6-6 and a bowl appearance.