Pages

September 5, 2010

Virginia 34, Richmond 13

Great opening season win last night.  I don't have much time to post all of my thoughts (I'm being swept away by Labor Day plans), but here's a quick list of the guys who really impressed me last night:
  • Keith Payne -- Obviously, 114 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns is impressive.  But it was his pile-driving, tackler-carrying pair of 15 yard runs in the 3rd quarter that sold me.  The Payne Train was rumbling through the station last night.
  • LaRoy Reynolds -- If you saw the game, surely you noticed #9 flying all over the field.  I think this guy is going to be a star... and that's going to happen sooner than later.
  • Kris Burd -- Rock solid in catching seven passes for 122 yards and a TD.  His routes were clean and crisp, he consistently got open, and he consistently caught the ball when it came to him.  I really think his star will be born this season.
  • Chase Minnifield -- He acquitted himself well as the #1 corner with Ras-I out of the game.  His INT in the end zone sealed the win.
  • Marc Verica -- He was very Kyle Orton / Trent Dilfer-esque in leading the team and limiting his mistakes.  His TD:INT ratio is 1:0 after one game.  If he can keep this ratio on the good side, I think we'll all be happy with our senior signal-caller.
  • Perry Jones -- He ceded much of the work to the "hot hand" in Keith Payne, but his 74 yards on nine carries (8+ yards per carry) were a sneaky-important part of the offensive engine.
  • Cam Johnson -- Sack #1, and counting...
  • Bill Lazor -- 488 yards of offense and five TDs under his playcalling.  'Nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. Kendall when is Ras-I supposed to be back on the field? It's a hamstring?

    ReplyDelete