Pages

September 17, 2009

I'm hearing that...


I'm hearing that there's a new hot name amongst the *powers-that-be* surrounding the Virginia football program: Charlie Strong, defensive coordinator, Florida. Very interesting...

I'm also hearing that Al Groh won't survive the bye week as UVA's head coach if the team loses in Hattiesburg on Saturday. Southern Miss has been installed as 16-point favorites by Vegas oddsmakers. It will take Groh's greatest Houdini act to find a win this weekend.

I'm also hearing that Gregg Brandon has made some BIG changes to the offense for this game, mostly in an effort to mask major deficiencies along the offensive line. That's the unit, by the way, currently serving as the popular scapegoat for the offensive struggles against W&M and TCU.

Last one: I'm hearing that Tony Bennett's latest recruiting commitment, California big man James Johnson, is destined for stardom in the ACC.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch - I wouldn't even take Virginia with the 16 points. As painful as this is, part of me hopes UVA loses so we rip the Groh band-aid clean off.

    ReplyDelete