Pages

March 22, 2010

Adios, Spurlock.




Freshman guard/forward Tristan Spurlock (Woodbridge, Va.) is leaving the Virginia men’s basketball program. Spurlock and Virginia men’s head basketball coach Tony Bennett mutually agreed on the decision.

“After a long discussion with Tristan and his family we have mutually agreed that it is best for him to leave the Virginia basketball program,” Bennett said. “I appreciate what he’s done for UVa basketball and understand his desire for a different playing situation. I fully support his pursuit of his goals and he has my best wishes for the future.”

The 6-8 Spurlock played in 13 games for the Cavaliers during the 2009-10 season. He scored 31 points and had 10 rebounds. He shot 42.9 percent (12-28) from the field and 71.4 percent (5-7) from the free throw line.

“I appreciate my experience at Virginia, but in light of current circumstances and after discussing the situation with Coach Bennett we’ve reached a mutual decision that it’s in my best interest to seek a better situation relative to my goals,” Spurlock said. “I’ve enjoyed my UVa teammates and wish them the best. I’m especially appreciative of the Virginia fans and how they’ve supported me during my time at UVa.”

Spurlock will finish the semester at Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment