Pages

July 17, 2009

The XBox Crystal Ball

I'd like to go ahead and formally apologize for this week of slow posting on Wahooze. I do have a good reason -- NCAA Football 10 came out on Tuesday. Anyone who knows me knows that mid-July is like an annual holiday for me. I love this game, and I tend to disappear for a solid week or two after it comes out.

As usual, I have cranked up the dynasty mode with Virginia. Also as usual, my first season playing as the Hoos tends to fairly accurately portend the actual football season itself.

I'm currently five games deep into the 2009 season. Here's how we're faring so far:

vs. William & Mary -- We won easily, 38-3. I even called off the dogs after halftime... I didn't want to run up the score on a team that isn't Duke, UNC, Maryland, or Virginia Tech.

vs. TCU -- I'm still getting used to the spread offense in the video game, and TCU's fast defense took advantage of two Vic Hall interceptions. We lost, 21-10.

@ Southern Miss -- Corey Mosley picked up a carom and ran it back for a pick six early in the second half in what ended up being the game-winning score. We won, 24-17.

@ UNC -- Despite Vic Hall rushing for over 100 yards, I couldn't generate enough offense in this game. Mikell Simpson's two fumbles led him to the bench, and the Torrey Mack era began in earnest. The Heels thumped our Hoos in this game, 27-14.

Indiana -- Weirdly, IU entered this game at 5-0 and ranked #22 in the nation. Didn't matter. The MackAttack ran wild (~180 yards, 3 TDs), and our Hoos blew out the Hoosiers, 31-13.

3-2 and 0-1 in the ACC near the halfway point of the season. I'd say that's pretty realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment