Pages

October 18, 2016

Littlepage Out // The Rise of Reuter // Best Book Ever

Three news items to knock out before I push away from my desk to go grab some lunch...



LITTLEPAGE OUT

Virginia announced on Tuesday an adjusted schedule for athletic director Craig Littlepage.

From October 24 through January 2, Jon Oliver will be acting director of athletics for UVa.


Press release from VirginiaSports.com:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – The University of Virginia announced today (Oct. 18) an adjusted schedule for director of athletics Craig Littlepage from Oct. 24 through Jan. 2 to attend to family matters. Jon Oliver, UVA’s executive associate athletics director, will be the acting director of athletics during this time.

“I appreciate the support of the University administration, particularly President Sullivan, and our coaches, staff, and student-athletes,” Littlepage said. “It’s important that I focus my attention on the wellness of an aging member of my family in the coming weeks that will require frequent travel outside of Charlottesville. Jon is prepared to step into this role while I’m away and I know everyone in the athletics department is prepared to pitch in and help.

“We have a strong senior administrative team in place and there’s a great deal of positive momentum in the department right now. I’m confident progress will continue to be made on important initiatives and I look forward to my return in January.”

“I wish Craig and his family the best during this time,” said University of Virginia president Teresa Sullivan. “The athletics department is well-positioned for success in Craig’s absence under Jon’s leadership and I expect a strong finish to the fall semester.”

“I know our coaches and staff are prepared to step up while Craig is away from Charlottesville,” Oliver said. “We’re behind Craig and his family and we have a solid plan in place to cover for him until his return to the office on a full-time basis in January.”

There will not be any other staff or operational changes within the athletics department as a result of Littlepage’s adjusted schedule.




THE RISE OF REUTER

Cut the bullshit and just read this piece from Jeff White.  It'll make you excited to see our sawed-off power forward in action this season, I promise.





BEST BOOK EVER

Seriously, this is an awesome read.  I'll talk more about after I'm finished with it; I'm only about 3/5ths of the way through it now.  But rest assured, it is awesome.  Buy it for yourself, and buy it for the Hoofans you love.




The book is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, the UVA Bookstores, and other major retailers in Virginia, DC and beyond.

I encourage you to buy the book online using this Amazon Referral Link.


Seriously, best ten bucks you'll ever spend.




No comments:

Post a Comment