Pages

June 1, 2012

Baseball Update

Came to work this morning for, you know, a regular day at work.

It's my boss' birthday.  SURPRISE!  Hey Kendall, here's a ticket to the UVA/Army game!  (Happy birthday, Becca!)

It's 10:30, game starts at 11:00.  No time to change.  Go to the game in my work clothes.  Watch 0.5 innings, 3 outs.

SPLADOOSH!

Soaking fucking wet.

Wait around for an hour as the grounds crew monkey-fucks the tarp.  No sign of the game resuming anytime soon, so I race home to change into dry clothes and to grab some Pop-Tarts for lunch.

Make it back just in time to pull into the parking lot and then see the tsunami of people leaving Davenport Field.  Sit around in traffic trying to get out of the parking lot I just drove into.

Go back to work, now wearing my baseball clothes -- cargo shorts, tee-shirt, UVA hat, Crocs.  (Yes, I wear Crocs.  Love 'em.  They let my feet breathe without having my toejam raped by that flip-flop strap.)

Tornado watch!

Game called until tonight, when I can't go.

GO HOOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment