Pages

March 4, 2012

Looking Ahead...

Big game today.  Huge.  But I'm not going to spend a lot of time dwelling on it.  Basically, we are the better team, but they're at home, it's senior night, they've had a full week to rest and prepare, and ruining our season would likely bring them much joy as a quasi-rival.  Meanwhile, we're running on fumes, have just seven players (one of whom was supposed to be redshirting), trying to bounce back from a totally deflating emotional defeat against FSU just three nights ago, and must be feeling all the pressure in the world to salvage an NCAA Tournament bid.

We lose this game, we are dumped to a Thursday game in the ACC Tournament and are likely suddenly on the wrong side of the bubble.  We win this game, we lock up the 4-seed in the ACCT (which gives us a Thursday bye), and I think we punch our dance ticket, for all intents and purposes.  So yeah, it's a big game.  I won't belabor that point, because honestly I should try to avoid hyping this game up in my mind --- it makes it too tough to handle if we lose.


Meanwhile, it's Championship Week!  One of my favorite weeks of the year.  Track the action HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment